- Bjorn is a Hospitality Consultant, Executive Vice President of 795 Fifth Avenue Corporation (the owner of The Pierre Hotel), and a Director of Summit Hotel Properties (a NYSE Real Estate Investment Trust).
- He retired from PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP and predecessor firm Coopers & Lybrand in 2008 after serving as:
Global Industry Chairman - Hospitality & Leisure
Global Industry Chairman - Real Estate
Member of US Leadership Committee
Member of Global Financial Advisory Services Management Committee
National Director of Appraisal Services
Financial Advisory Services Partner for Industry and Research
- He served as Divisional Dean of the Preston Robert Tisch Center for Hospitality, Tourism and Sports Management/Jonathan M. Tisch Center for Hospitality and Tourism from 2010 to 2014 and Co-Interim Dean of the NYU School of Continuing and Professional Studies/NYU School of Professional Studies from 2011 to 2013 and as a full Clinical Professor from 2008 through 2018.
- Bjorn is recognized as a leading hospitality consultant, analyst, and author, and is frequently quoted for his research, statistical and econometric analyses.
- He has received numerous recognitions including:
One of the 33 Most Influential People in the Travel Industry, Travel Weekly
One of the 25 Most Influential People in the Meetings Industry, Meeting News
Distinguished Conti Professor, Penn State
Brener Silver Plate recipient, Lodging Hospitality/NYU International Hospitality Investment Conference
Cornell Hotelie of the Year
One of the Lodging Industry's 75 Leaders, AH&LA Lodging Profiles in Leadership
Cornell Hospitality Quarterly "Paper of the Year" (co-author)
Member of the Editorial Board, Cornell Hospitality Quarterly Life Member, Cornell University Council
- Bjorn testifies as an expert witness in federal and state courts and arbitrations.
Bjorn Hanson, Ph.D., CRE, CFE